When’s the iPhone 14 coming out? I hear you cry, when is the iPhone 14 release date? Soon my child, very soon. Though we don’t know the exact date as of yet, we can make a pretty solid prediction as to the 21-day window that the new Apple phone is likely to be released in, and shipped out to those who have already pre-ordered the iPhone 14.
iPhone 14 release date prediction
- We know that the new iPhone 14 will be fully revealed at the next Apple event, aka the next iPhone event which is taking place sometime in September, though we’re still waiting for Apple to give a definitive date.
- Using history as our guide though, we know that Apple iPhone events invariably take place earlier in the week, with the iPhone pre orders going live at the end of that very week.
- The new iPhone release date is then usually around 10 days after the iPhone event.
- If we put all this information up against the calendar for September 2022 then, we can assume that the iPhone 14 release date will likely fall between September 9 – September 30, 2022.
iPhone release date history
The historical dates listed below give you some idea of the times of the year that Apple tend to like releasing new iPhones. As you can see, a September release date is very feasible, and unless there are severe production issues or some other calamity, we can’t imagine that Apple would choose to release the iPhone as late as November, so far after their launch event.
- iPhone 13 release date: September 23rd, 2021
- iPhone 12 release date: October 23rd, 2020
- iPhone 11 release date: September 20th, 2019
- iPhone XS release date: September 21st, 2018
- iPhone X release date: November 3rd, 2017
- iPhone 8 release date: September 22nd, 2017
- iPhone 7 release date: September 16th, 2016
Could there be iPhone 14 release date delays?
‘Reliable Apple analyst’ Ming-Chi Kuo has stated on Twitter that he’s seen some indication of production issues with the new iPhone 14, but these seem to be mostly limited to the LG Display used by the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Max, and even then that Apple would still likely be able to meet production.
Ross Young (CEO of Display Supply Chain Consultants), purported that “iPhone 14 Max panel shipments still way behind through August. Pro volumes >3x higher…”
Still, Ming-Chi believes the iPhone 14 is still on track for a September 2022 release date, and that even the iPhone Max will probably also be ready on time in sufficient quantities. Apple usually go to great lengths to make sure iPhone production matches expectations, given it remains the product that provides the biggest source of revenue, so it seems unlikely there will be much in the way of iPhone 14 release date delays.
How much will the iPhone 14 cost?
We don’t definitively know how much the iPhone 14 will cost, but current rumors are that it will increase in price from last year.
In 2021 the iPhone 13 Mini started at $699, and the iPhone 13 had an MSRP of $799 (the same as the iPhone 12). Tech specialist Dan Ives (of Wedbush Securities) was quoted as saying however that: “a $100 price increase is coming for the iPhone 14… Prices have been increasing across the whole supply chain, and Cupertino needs to pass these costs to the consumer on this release.”
If the above is true, then we could expect something like the following pricing for the starting spec models of each device:
- iPhone 14 mini c. $799
- iPhone 14 $899
- iPhone 14 Pro $1,099
- iPhone 14 Pro Max c. $1,199
If your questions don’t stop at ‘Whens the iPhone 14 coming out?’ and you want to know about other Apple product release dates, be sure to check out our iPad 2022 release date page, iPad Pro 2022 release date page, and AirPods Pro 2 release date guide, as well as the latest info on iOS 16 and Android 13.