Multiversus is nearly here – and while early access goes live today, you’ll have to wait until next week for the open beta.
The Multiversus open beta will land on Tuesday, 26th July, and release at the following times.
- UK: 5pm (BST)
- Europe: 6pm (CEST)
- East Coast US: 12pm (EDT)
- West Coast US: 9am (PDT)
MultiVersus beta end date
There is no end date yet for the beta – but we do know that progress and unlocks will be carried over to the full game.
The MultiVersus website states: “Beginning with Open Beta, MultiVersus will continue to get updated with new characters, maps, seasonal content, and more in the months ahead. An end date has not been set for the Open Beta.”
That bein said, we think the beta could end seven days after it kicks off, which would be August 3rd. This would give gamers a week of play time. It may well last longer for the devs to gather more play data.
How to get early access to the Multiversus beta
The week-long early access period started Tuesday, 19th July. To gain access, you’ll need to have:
- Have participated in the closed alpha, where you’ll receive an email with a code
- Earned access through Twitch drops
What does Multiversus beta contain?
As per the the Multiversus website:
- Characters: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Harley Quinn (DC); Shaggy and Velma (Scooby-Doo); Bugs Bunny and Tasmanian Devil a.k.a. Taz (Looney Tunes); Arya Stark (Game of Thrones); Jake the Dog and Finn the Human (Adventure Time); Steven Universe and Garnet (Steven Universe); Tom and Jerry (Tom and Jerry); The Iron Giant (The Iron Giant), and an extraordinary original creature named Reindog. Please note, Harley Quinn, Shaggy, Jake the Dog, and Taz will be immediately available to play when the Open Beta begins. All other characters can be unlocked through gameplay.
- Maps: The Batcave (DC), Tree Fort and Tree Fort 1 vs. 1 (Adventure Time), Scooby’s Haunted Mansion (Scooby-Doo), Trophy’s E.D.G.E., Trophy’s E.D.G.E. 2, Classic 3 Platform, and Training Room.
- Modes: 2 vs. 2 team-based cooperative mode, 1 vs. 1 matches, 4-player free-for-all, 1-4 player local matches, co-op vs. A.I. matches, custom online lobbies, The Lab (practice mode), and tutorials – all offering different ways to play and experience the game.
Will Multiversus be free?
Multiversus is free to play but there are three different packs you can buy if you choose to do so.
Each one offers you a ton of in game swag.
The Standard Edition will set you back £32.99 / $39.99, the Deluxe £49.99 / $59.99 and the Premium comes in at £79.99 / $99.99.
What consoles is Multiversus on?
Multiversus is on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X and Series S and PC.
Is MultiVersus on Switch?
No – MultiVersus is not on Switch.