Sour cream blueberry pie is definitely a favorite at my house. It lasts about a day whenever I make it for my family. It’s perfect for any family gathering, holiday, or event. An easy recipe and one you will make time and time again. It really is a fabulous dessert that takes comes together quickly.
Ingredients Needed for Sour Cream Blueberry Pie:
Fresh or frozen blueberries
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
Scroll down for full printable recipe in the recipe card.
Frequently asked questions and Tips:
- You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in this pie.
- We love this pie with walnuts in the topping. Not a fan? Use pecans or the type of nuts you enjoy. You could even leave them out.
- I use this pie crust recipe. I’ve also made it with a Pillsbury pie crust. It works fine.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Sour Cream Blueberry Pie
An easy blueberry pie that you’ll make over and over again.
Servings: 1 pie
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 9 incunbaked pie shell (I use Pillsbury frozen pie crust
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine softened
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
In a large bowl beat sour cream, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, egg, lemon juice and cinnamon together with mixer. Fold in blueberries and pour into pie crust.
In a small bowl cut butter into flour. I use a fork and just kind of mash it all up together. Mix the nuts into the butter and flour. Sprinkle over the pie before baking.
Bake pie in preheated 400 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.