WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Ditto remains one of the sneakiest and elusive Pokémon in Pokémon Go. It constantly changes its monthly disguises, and catching them can prove trickier than normal Pokémon. Although you can now catch shiny dittos in the wild, it’s still no easier getting your hands on a regular one!
If you do want a Ditto, you’ll need to know which Pokémon it can be disguised as, and then go about catching as many of them as you can until a Ditto appears! As of April Fool’s Day 2022, Ditto is appearing as a brand-new set of Pokémon, so it might be worth familiarising yourself with the list below.
Ditto Disguises April 2022
If you see any of these Pokémon out in the wild, consider that one of them might actually be a Ditto! But you won’t know until you catch it.
- Dittos are not unique to an individual player. If you or a friend finds a Ditto disguises as a Pokémon, the other player can also catch it if they can get to it in time.
- Using Incense will increase spawn rates. While this is active, travel around and catch every Pokémon that’s one of Ditto’s disguises. If you wait for a special event, you can increase Incenses from 60 minutes to three hours. Getting the maximum effect.
- Even if you are only casually looking at the overworld while at home, make sure to use the Nearby tracker feature which lists Pokémon that are close to you. If any of the above ‘mon appear, click them and head to their location on the map.
- Once a day, throw down a Lure at Pokéstops. Look for any of the monsters on the list and catch every single one of them to increase your chances of catching Ditto.
- Join a local Pokémon Go group on Facebook or Reddit. Players and friends will often share when a Ditto has been spotted, and other Trainers can go to that location for a limited time and find it.
Can Ditto hatch from an egg in Pokemon Go?
Sadly, you can’t get a Ditto from an egg. The only way to find one is by catching a disguised one out in the wild.