The independent channel descends upon Phoenix for Nationwide Marketing Group’s 58th PrimeTime show, with the shopper journey once again taking center stage.
“While the independent channel experienced some amazing growth in 2020 and 2021, the landscape is changing. And we need to change with it,” says Nationwide President and Chief Member Advocate Tom Hickman. “Even if you’ve got more business than you know what to do with right now, Big Box is clawing back. They’re working hard to win back the shoppers that they lost. And so, it’s more critical than ever for independent dealers to activate on the strategies we know will help preserve that market share growth that they’ve experienced.”
PrimeTime will feature several spotlight sessions on the shopper journey that help to set the stage for deep and meaningful education and conversations throughout the course of the show. From the robust slate of Nationwide Learning Academy (NLA) sessions to the various member-led roundtable discussions, dealers will have ample opportunity to expand their toolbelts with the resources needed to succeed at every step of that shopper journey.
Attendees can explore topics across 14 different (NLA) tracks, including the in-store experience, website management, data and analytics, leadership and human capital, product training, social media, business and financial services, digital marketing and more. Many PrimeTime favorites will also make their returns in Phoenix, including product merchandising sessions, Mattress University, Furniture Forum and Luxury University.
PrimeTime will open with an inspirational keynote address delivered by Erik Weihenmayer, a blind adventurist who has completed some remarkable feats in his lifetime, including scaling Mt. Everest. Weihenmayer will share his powerful message with independent retailers, reminding them how they can use the challenges and adversity they’ve faced over the past two years as a way to help propel their businesses to new heights.
In addition, the PrimeTime Expo is set to take over the Phoenix Convention Center with nearly 200 vendor partners on hand to display their products and services to the independent retail channel. The expo hall will be packed with plenty of new product introductions, several world-premieres and some of the biggest and best CashBack and Show Special offers this show has ever seen.
“Our vendor community stepped it up for us in Phoenix and have shown their commitment to our members and the independent channel as a whole,” says Melissa Stenson, vice president of member experience for Nationwide. “Our members have the opportunity to engage and network with our partners across all categories and in some unique environments.”
Other highlights from PrimeTime in Nashville include:
- The PrimeTime Backyard showcase, featuring food sampling, beverages, education and exhibiting outdoor vendor partners.
- The 90-minute PrimeTime Palooza buying frenzy, including an all-new app-based experience that will give attendees the opportunity to score deals from the comfort of their hotel room rather than the Palooza hall.
- The single largest PrimeTime CashBack offer ever offered in the furniture and bedding category, courtesy of Serta Simmons Bedding.
- The PrimeTime debut of programs with Snap One, Magnolia Home, Milk House Candles, Snooze Mattress, Vision Grills, Croix Valley Foods, ZLINE Kitchen and more.
- The return of extended pay inventory financing for consumer electronic purchases.
- More CE show space than ever before.
- A revamped Luxury University experience right on the PrimeTime expo floor.
- WIN: Women in Nationwide yoga and networking events.
- A first-ever PrimeTime Show Special and exclusive Palooza offer for MediaSign TV.
- Networking opportunities for specialty groups, including Service Leaders Network, Home Technology Specialists Nationwide (HTSN), Nationwide RentDirect, NextGen/I.D.E.A. and more.
As always, PrimeTime attendance is free for Nationwide members and guests. Although pre-registration is strongly encouraged, independent retailers can still register to attend PrimeTime on site during the show. To learn more, visit www.nationwideprimetime.com.
About Nationwide Marketing Group
Nationwide Marketing Group works on behalf of thousands of Independent appliance, furniture, bedding, electronics, specialty electronics, custom installation and rent-to-own dealers helping them grow their businesses and thrive on their own terms. With more than 5,000 members operating some 14,000 storefronts, Nationwide Marketing Group is the largest buying, marketing and business support organization of its kind, representing billions in combined annual sales across the membership. For over 50 years, the organization has remained committed to the Independent channel, empowering members with the scale, sophistication and efficiencies they need to compete while delivering the unmatched business intelligence, tools and resources required to win in an ever-changing business environment. For more information, visit nationwidegroup.org.
Furniture Industry News and in depth magazine articles for the furniture retail, furniture manufacturers, and furniture distributors.
Read other articles by Nicholas Ledoux