This ground beef and rice skillet is perfect when you need a simple dinner. It’s full of flavor and comes together very quickly. It’s a versatile dish and reheats great. I’ve also been known to serve this dish as a dip, and it’s always a hit!
Ingredients Needed for Ground Beef and Rice SKillet:
Diced Red Onion
Green Enchilada Sauce
Cooked white rice
Shredded cheddar cheese
- feel free to use black beans instead of pinto beans
- any flavor of cheese will work in this dish
- once cooked, you can top it with guacamole, salsa, sour cream, cilantro, etc
- you can also serve this meat mixture wrapped up in a tortilla, over a bed of lettuce, or with tortilla chips.
You may also like these cheesy beef burritos!
Scroll down for the full recipe card.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Ground Beef and Rice Skillet
This simple skillet meal is full of flavor!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/4 cup of diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 (14 ounce) can of green enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can of pinto beans drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can of green chiles
- 1 (10 ounce) can of mild Rotel tomatoes drained
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
In a 10 inch skillet, add red onion, minced garlic, and ground beef and cook on medium heat. Drain off any grease. Add smoked paprika and cumin and stir through. Stir in enchilada sauce, pinto beans, green chiles, and Rotel tomatoes.
Stir until combined and then add cooked rice to the meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Don’t forget to Pin:
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses are allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.