If making homemade baked bread isn’t in the schedule but the bread box is empty, we’ve got you covered!
This homemade beer bread recipe makes a perfect crusty loaf in about an hour, using just 5 ingredients! No yeast is required!
This easy recipe yields a loaf perfect for dipping, sandwiches, or toast and jam!
Why We Love Beer Bread
- Beer bread requires no yeast, beer acts as the leavening agent in this recipe.
- This bread really requires no kneading, and no rising time.
- With just a few ingredients, it’s super simple.
- Get creative and add in seasonings, spices, or even cheese or bacon to customize!
Ingredients & Variations
Flour: This easy beer bread recipe uses self-rising flour to make it quick. If you don’t have self-rising flour, I’ve included directions for all-purpose flour in the notes!
Beer: Beer helps this bread rise, and it also adds flavor. Dark beer, like stouts, have a deep flavor, while light beer makes for lighter-tasting bread. Both are great; just use what you have on hand!
Flavorings: This beer bread is a terrific recipe to experiment with since it’s practically foolproof.
- Try adding in some shredded cheese, or add extra honey to make a sweetbread!
- Chopped jalapenos or chilies will spice things up!
- Dried herbs like thyme or rosemary with some chopped sun-dried tomato, a clove of minxe garlic, and parmesan make an Italian-style bread!
How to Make Beer Bread
This is a super simple homemade bread recipe, and the prep is really fast.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in a large bowl (per the recipe below).
- Spread into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake and enjoy.
Storing Beer Bread
- Store beer bread in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag for up to 3 days at room temperature. It is best eaten within 24 hours.
- To freeze beer bread, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag or container for up to 3 months.
- Thaw at room temperature for a few hours before serving or warm the bread in the microwave or toaster.
- Leftover beer bread can be used to make croutons, breadcrumbs, or even breakfast casserole.
Did you love this Beer Bread? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Beer Bread
Made with no yeast, no kneading, and no rise time, this easy beer bread is ready for the oven in no time!
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8″x4″ loaf pan.
In a medium bowl whisk self-rising flour and sugar until well combined.
Add beer, melted butter, and salt. Stir to combine.
Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool before slicing.
Beer can be replaced with seltzer water but the beer adds flavor so you will want to add additional seasonings or additions. Don’t skip the salt & sugar, and don’t skimp on the butter or the bread will not have any flavor.
You can add seasonings like garlic powder, herbs such as dried basil or parsley, and/or parmesan or cheddar cheese to change up the flavor.
Mix the dough until moistened. Don’t overmix or the bread will be dense.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 182 | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 39mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.