Crock Pot Chicken and Potatoes, is a one-pot wonder that’s as easy as it is delicious.
Tender chicken, potatoes, and carrots are simply seasoned and cooked until tender. Home-cooked comfort on a plate.
Budget-friendly and hearty, this recipe is a go-to for those family-sized chicken packs on sale.
Ingredients for Crockpot Chicken & Potatoes
This recipe is adaptable to whatever you have on hand. Substitute poultry seasoning or other herbs for the Italian seasoning called for in the recipe.
- Chicken: Choose bone-in chicken thighs for this recipe as they have more flavor and won’t dry out.
- Vegetables: Baby potatoes are a great choice because they don’t require peeling and the skin keeps them from getting mushy. Fresh carrots or baby carrots and diced onions round out the meal.
- Seasonings: Italian seasoning is a favorite, but any chicken seasoning you love will work in this recipe.
- Other Ingredients: Melted butter, chicken stock or chicken broth add enough liquid to help everything cook evenly.
How to Make CrockPot Chicken and Potatoes
- Heat oil in a pan. Season the chicken and brown the skin per the recipe below.
- In the bottom of the slow cooker, add the potatoes, carrots, onions, butter, and seasonings.
- Top with chicken & cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours until chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender.
- The skin on the chicken will not crisp in the slow cooker, I broil it before serving.
- Chicken breasts can dry out in this recipe, if swapping chicken breasts, they will likely need less cooking time.
- The juices can be made into an easy gravy with flour or cornstarch if you’d like.
Did your family love this Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes recipe? Leave a rating and a comment below!
CrockPot Chicken and Potatoes
CrockPot Chicken and Potatoes offers the perfect combination of flavorful chicken and hearty veggies for a complete one-pot meal.
Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt & pepper to taste. Add chicken, skin-side down, and brown for 3-5 minutes.
Combine potatoes, carrots, onions, melted butter, Italian seasoning, and salt & pepper.
Add potato mixture to the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Top with the rosemary sprigs and chicken thighs. Pour in chicken stock.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours or just until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and the vegetables are tender.
To make a gravy/sauce (optional): In a medium saucepan, combine ¼ cup butter and ¼ cup flour over medium heat. Cook the flour for 3 to 4 minutes or until the butter starts to lightly brown. Place the drippings in a measuring cup and add enough liquid to make 1 1/2 cups. Slowly add the liquid into the flour mixture a little bit at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Boil 1 minute and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Keep leftovers in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 454 | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 174mg | Potassium: 736mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2884IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.