This blueberry crumble recipe is the perfect dessert for fresh or frozen berries!
Fresh blueberries are lightly sweetened and sprinkled with a super easy brown sugar streusel topping. It’s all baked until golden and bubbly for a sweet treat any time of year.
Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Easy Blueberry Crumble
A ‘crumble’ is a fruit dessert with a streusel topping, unlike a ‘crisp’, which has a crunchy topping usually made with oats and nuts. A ‘cobbler’, has a dough or biscuit-style topping. Crumbles have fewer ingredients, making them faster and easier.
- No need to prepare a pie crust or assemble a cake. Just toss some fruit, sprinkle on the streusel topping, and cook! So easy!
- This quick and easy summer dessert is suitable for any occasion!
- Make blueberry crumble with fresh or frozen blueberries. So simple and quick.
Ingredients for Blueberry Crumble
This quick and easy recipe can be adjusted to fit all kinds of different fruits, fresh or frozen.
Blueberries: Fresh or frozen blueberries can be used in this recipe. Look for whole, firm berries, and be sure to remove the tiny stems if you see them. A sprinkle of all-purpose flour helps to thicken the juices in the pan.
Topping: Flour, sugar, butter, and cinnamon is all you’ll need to make a crispy, crumbly topping. Feel free to use your favorite gluten-free flour and sugar-free sweetener.
- Mix and match blueberries with other fresh or frozen berries, rhubarb, apples, peaches, or pears.
- Add a little bit of fresh lemon juice or lemon zest with the berries.
- Old-fashioned oats can be mixed into the crumble mixture.
How to Make Blueberry Crumble
- Prepare topping (as per the recipe below) and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Toss blueberries with flour and sugar and place in a baking dish.
- Top crumble with streusel topping and bake until the fruit is bubbly and the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
PRO TIP: Chill the topping so it doesn’t melt while the blueberry filling is being prepared.
Storing Blueberry Crumble
- Keep leftover blueberry crumble covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Enjoy it cold, or reheat it in the microwave.
- A baked crumble can be frozen (once chilled) for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating. Or freeze an unbaked crumble separate from the streusel topping. Thaw, top, and bake as directed.
- Leftover blueberry crumble can be mixed in a bowl and pressed into a casserole dish and frozen to make grab-and-go blueberry bars!
Did your family love this Blueberry Crumble? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Loaded with blueberries and topped with a cinnamon-sugar streusel, this blueberry crumble is the perfect summer dessert!
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the topping.
Using a pastry cutter, cut in the cold, cubed butter until it starts to stick together, about 3 to 4 minutes. If the mixture is powdery it needs to be mixed more. Refrigerate while preparing the blueberries.
In a 9×9-inch dish or a 2 qt baking dish, combine blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 2 tablespoons flour. Place in a 2qt baking dish.
Sprinkle the crumble topping over the blueberry mixture and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbly.
Serve warm with ice cream.
- When incorporating the butter into the topping mixture, mix until you see pea-sized clumps or slightly larger. This ensures a perfect crumbly texture.
- Leftover blueberry crumble can be kept in a covered container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy it cold, or reheat it in the microwave.
Calories: 374 | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 540IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.