Chicken salad sandwiches are a favorite with my family. They love them. I usually have something in the fridge for sandwiches year around. We like sandwiches with soup in winter and with chips in summer for lunch. Chicken salad is a great way to use up any left over chicken. I think this recipe will become one of your favorite ways to use chicken. This recipe could be doubled for a crowd or cut in half.
Chicken Salad Simple Ingredients Needed:
Sweet Pickle Relish
Seedless Red Grapes
We love this chicken salad on French bread but it’s so good on just Ritz crackers too. This would also be good in a tortilla wrap with lettuce.
If you like this recipe you may also love our Best Ham Salad. It’s a very popular recipe!
This is a very versatile recipe, you can easily make a few simple substitutions too:
- You can use Greek yogurt in the place of the mayonnaise. You can also use half Greek yogurt half mayonnaise if you like as well. I have made it both ways. You can also add in a little sour cream too.
- Not a fan of sweet relish? Use dill relish!
- Add an apple with the grapes, leave out the grapes, have only apple or leave both out. We like the addition of the grapes.
- You can add some smoked paprika to this recipe to give it a little different flavor. It’s delicious.
- Use rotisserie chicken to save some time!
- Add pecans instead of walnuts or leave the nuts our all together.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Best Chicken Salad
This best chicken salad is one your family will love!
Servings: 5 servings
- 2 cups chicken cooked and chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery chopped
- 1 large egg boiled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish can use dill pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup red seedless grapes cut in half lengthwise (can use the green grapes, too)
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- 1 small apple chopped (optional)
In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, celery and egg. Stir to blend.
Add the relish and remaining ingredients, stir well.
Makes about 5 or 6 sandwiches.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.