The ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 release date has come to pass, and you can now buy this 16-inch, yet slimline ASUS gaming laptop, with various different specification loadouts. This 1440p Intel gaming laptop is one of the most anticipated models of 2022 from a company at the top of its game. Read below for all the info you need to know on the ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 price and specifications.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 release date
The first ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 were released back in late April 2022, though it took a month or so for the different spec versions to become available in different regions across the globe. Regardless, you can now pick one up across most major retailers.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 price
- The ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 price for the mid-high end model is around $2,149.99 which comes with Intel Core i9-12900H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB (120W), 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, and 165Hz 1440p display.
- The ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 price for the highest-end model is around $3,149.99 which comes with Intel Core i9-12900H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (120W), 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, and 165Hz 1440p display.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 specifications
The ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 2022 version comes with various improvements over the 2021 version. The inclusion of a MUX Switch is very welcome, for that extra performance boost it gives, plus ASUS have included webcams in all their gaming laptops this year (about time!). Graphics card options range between the RTX 3050 Ti all the way to the RTX 3080 Ti, although the higher tier GPUs are not the most powerful out there in terms of TGP, compared to say the XMG Neo 15 E22.
You only get one 16:10 1600p 165Hz screen option (we would have liked to have seen a 240Hz variant), though the 4ms average grey-to-grey response time is great, effectively eliminating ghosting completely at this refresh rate. The color gamut hits the 100% sRGB mark nicely, and also manages 99% DCI-P3, meaning you could potentially use this as a creative laptop for color-based workflows just as well as game on it. The contrast could be better but it gets nice and bright at around 480 nits peak brightness.
Interestingly, despite coming with a powerful Intel 12th gen laptop CPU, the Zephyrus M16 seems to slightly underperform the AMD Ryzen 6000 series powered ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15, if early review benchmarks are to be believed. Typically you’d expect the opposite to be true (which is one of the reasons you can get the equivalent G15 model for slightly cheaper), however as it is, despite the improvements made to the M16, there’s no real reason to pick it over the G15 (which also has better battery life and 240Hz display options) for just gaming on unless you really want the bigger 16-inch display and Thunderbolt 4 support. The better color replication and brightness may swing it though if you’re after a creative workstation plus gaming machine.
Despite its 16-inch display, the ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 2022 iteration is impressively light and the fans aren’t too loud compared to the competition, even when playing on the higher performance modes.
- CPU: Intel Core i9-12900H
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX RTX 3050 Ti (100W) / 3060 6GB (120W) / RTX 3070 Ti 8GB (120W) / RTX 3080 Ti 8GB (120W)
- RAM: 16GB/32GB DDR5 4800MHz (supports up to 48GB if upgraded)
- Storage: 1TB – 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD
- Display: 16″ 2560 x 1600 165Hz IPS
- Ports: 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack, 1x HDMI 2.0b, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1x RJ45 LAN port, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C support DisplayPort / power delivery, 1x Thunderbolt 4
- Weight: 2.00kg / 4.41lbs
- Dimensions: 35.5 x 24.3 x 1.99cm / 13.98″ x 9.57″ x 0.78″
We hope that this ASUS ROG Zephyrus M16 release date, price, and specs guide has told you everything you need to know about this 16-inch gaming laptop. Do make sure you have a read of our other gaming laptop guides to help you find the right device for you.