This apple bundt cake recipe has all the flavors of fall!
Tender apples and carrots are baked into a moist cinnamon-spiced cake with a surprise cream cheese filling and a brown sugar glaze.
Amazing Apple Bundt Cake!
- This apple bundt cake recipe is a showstopper when served, every slice has a sweet cream cheese filling.
- I love that this cake has ingredients I always have on hand.
- Bake a day ahead, this cake stays moist for days!
- Serve as a breakfast cake with coffee, an afternoon treat with tea, or a sweet dessert with a drizzle of caramel sauce, or with some warm apple cider.
Ingredients for Apple Bundt Cake
Apples – Any variety will do if they are fresh! Granny Smith apples are my first choice for their tart flavor and texture.
Carrots – Shredded carrots are sweet and add moisture to this apple bundt cake, however, shredded zucchini will get the job done as well.
Seasonings – A dash of cinnamon gives this cake extra flavor and a heavenly aroma! Swap it for apple pie spice if you have it to really “take the cake!”
Add-ins – Mix in any of the following: dried cranberries, currants, raisins, mini chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips.
Glaze – Even though apple cake shines on its own, this brown sugar glaze is extra thick and rich because it’s made with butter and heavy cream. In a pinch, make a simple glaze with some milk whisked into powdered sugar until the consistency is just right.
How to Make Apple Bundt Cake
- Prepare cream cheese filling (as per the recipe below) and set aside.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls, and then combine. Fold in apples, carrots, and nuts.
- Layer half the batter in the bottom of a bundt pan, followed by cream cheese filling and the rest of the batter.
- Bake, cool, and top with a brown sugar glaze.
How to Store Apple Bundt Cake
- Keep leftover apple bundt cake in the refrigerator (because of the dairy ingredients) for up to 4 days.
- Serve chilled or let it come to room temperature.
- Freeze slices wrapped in plastic wrap and a zippered bag for up to 2 months.
More Apple Recipes You’ll Love
Did you enjoy this Apple Bundt Cake Recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Apple Bundt Cake
This easy apple bundt cake has sweet tender apples, cinnamon, and carrots with a yummy cream cheese layer.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush a 10″ bundt pan with cake release (below) or grease and flour well.
Beat cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add egg and combine until smooth. Set aside.
Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, oil, and eggs. Add the flour mixture a little at a time, stirring to combine.
Fold in apples, carrots, and walnuts.
Pour half of the batter into the greased pan. Gently spoon the cream cheese mixture over the batter keeping it in the center. Top with remaining carrot apple batter.
Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in the pan, gently loosen the edges, and invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Bring brown sugar, butter, and cream to a boil over medium high heat. Allow to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Drizzle over cake while warm.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. This cake can also be frozen and will keep in the freezer for 4 months.
Calories: 365 | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 45g | Vitamin A: 3780IU | Vitamin C: 2.2mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1.6mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Apple cake very slightly adapted from Never Miss Apple Cake